Program Specialist for Fraternity and Sorority Life
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life, the Program Specialist for Fraternity and Sorority Life will work to further the development and vision of the fraternity and sorority community at Villanova University.
With 28 active organizations belonging to three councils, the successful candidate will help bring the organizations together through programs and developmental opportunities that align with organizational and institutional values.
- Oversee the OFSL program menu including coordination and delivery FSL specific programs and trainings which include, but are not limited to, required risk management and harm reduction, FSL 101, leadership development.
- Oversee registration process for organization events (on- and off-campus) to ensure compliance with institutional and departmental policies and protocols. Manage registration database and communicate with campus partners as needed.
- Advise and mentor OFSL emerging affinity and special interest groups (i.e., Greek Programming Board, Greek Rainbow, etc.) in the areas of general operations, leadership development, event planning, programming, interfraternalism and the member experience. This may include but is not limited to the following:
- Build positive relationships with affiliated students that nurture and support their growth and development in their respective organization, their council, and in their overall Villanova student experience.
- Work with OFSL colleagues to ensure a departmental focus is kept on the value of community and collaboration as it pertains to conversation and interactions with other staff members, students, campus partners, and organization stakeholders.
- Provide general assistance and guidance with programming, recruitment, operations, risk management, and support efforts.
- Assist in managing the office communication and marketing plans including social media content and analytics and OFSL Look Book.
- Assist in coordinating OFSL signature events and larger scale service initiatives including, but not limited to, Halloween Trick or Treat, Easter Egg Hunt, Greek Awards, etc.
- Assist in the daily operations of the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life and support departmental and divisional programs and initiatives.
- Ensure timely response to emails, phone calls and inquiries.
- Participate in departmental, divisional and University meetings and committees.
- Participate in departmental and divisional functions and events.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects, as assigned.